Acupuncture: A Gentle yet Powerful Therapy to Modulate and Direct Your Natural Healing System
Acupuncture is one of our areas of expertise, and it is one of the primary treatment techniques that we use. We provide a professional, and clean environment, and we only use disposable, sterile needles. These needles are not much thicker than a human hair, and they are inserted into specific acupuncture points to treat and prevent a variety of disorders. Please click on the drop down bars below to learn more.
- It is Incredibly Safe
- Acupuncture is one of safest therapies available and is used daily by millions of people around the globe.
- Proven Results
- Acupuncture is perhaps the oldest and continuously practiced therapy in history. It has stood the test of time, and many studies support its use for a wide range of health conditions.
- It is Powerful
- Acupuncture harnesses and amplifies the most powerful healing tool ever discovered – YOUR OWN BODY.
- Deep Relaxation
- Many patients experience a deep sense of relaxation and sense of clarity during and/or after an acupuncture treatment.
- Calms and Balances the Neuroendocrine Axis
- When your nervous and endocrine systems influence your immune, digest, reproductive and circulatory systems. When these systems are balanced, inflammation is reduced, circulation improved, better hormonal balance and more effective nutrient absorption.
- Promotes Tissue Healing
- When acupuncture is used to stimulate your body’s healing process, it gets right to work repairing and restoring all cells and tissues.
- Helps Sustain Optimal Function
- When a course of regular acupuncture treatments is experienced, your body naturally and gently begins to undergo positive changes. This means your body relearns how to function at a more effective level and is more likely to sustain these changes over time. On the other hand, pharmaceuticals and surgery tend to cause more drastic and sudden changes that may be difficult on the body
In the United States, acupuncture is most commonly known for its ability to treat pain. As well, acupuncture is also very effective in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes the ability of acupuncture to treat and prevent more than 43 common health disorders, including the following:
- Arm and Shoulder Pain
- Back pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic fatigue
- Common Cold
- Digestive disorders
- Immune Deficiency
- Liver problems – Hepatitis
- Prostate problems
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
The following conditions are also commonly treated by acupuncture:
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Chronic cough
- Gynecological disorders
- Joint & Muscle Pain
- Skin disorders
In addition to the WHO, a number of national health organizations recognize the effectiveness of acupuncture in treating a variety of health conditions and syndromes. Some of these organizations include the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the American Cancer Society (ACS), and the Arthritis Foundation.
The Charlotte Acupuncture and Wellness Center is focused on providing comfortable and effective acupuncture treatments. Our aim is to make your acupuncture treatment as painless as possible, while still achieving optimum results. Many patients report a small tingling or heavy sensation at the location of the needle insertion for a few seconds. This is traditionally viewed as the activation of the acupuncture point, and it is the desired result of needling in order to obtain an effective treatment. Overall, a large majority of patients find acupuncture treatments to be quite comfortable and very relaxing.
Our practitioners will take you step-by-step through the entire process. Please remember that we are here to serve you and that you are ultimately the one in control. If something is painful or makes you feel uneasy, please tell your practitioner. They will do whatever they can to make sure that you have a pleasant experience at the Charlotte Acupuncture and Wellness Center.
For more information, click: FAQ
Your initial visit includes a comprehensive review of your medical history, a medical intake, patient education, and an acupuncture treatment. You may also receive an herbal formula and dietary recommendations. Please allow for a total of up to 90-120 minutes for an initial visit. Return visits include updates on progress, reevaluation, further education, herbal and dietary recommendations, and an acupuncture treatment. Please allow for a total of 40-60 minutes for a return visit.
The acupuncturists at the Charlotte Acupuncture and Wellness Center are Licensed Acupuncturists by the State of North Carolina. Each practitioner has completed over 3,000 hours of postgraduate training in acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine and is nationally board certified by the National Certification Commission in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Furthermore, each acupuncturist has completed advanced post-graduate training in their speciality. You can rest assured knowing that you are being cared for by a well-trained, highly-skilled professional when you are treated at the Charlotte Acupuncture and Wellness Center. For a more detailed description of our practitioners, please see Our Providers.